Hans Hagen wrote:
On 18-6-2010 11:05, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:48, Hans Hagen wrote:

is there unique info in the font file that we can use? version number that
is guaranteed unique? if so, we can pass that to the backend

That almost reminds me on version numbers in ConTeXt files (the number
written in header that almost never changes). If font vendors are
equally careful to change version numbers, that doesn't guarantee
uniqueness.

indeed. but we don't sell ... if you sell you can employ prople to change numbers (the dates in the context files are more an indication of whe something showed up)

anyhow, i have been thinking of generating (with each beta) an automatically added key 'changedate' or so for changed files but i need to be really bored (or watching a one star movie on tv) to do that

Tonight at 20:30 on RTL7:

 Timecop II: The Berlin decision

I think that qualifies ;)

Seriously: yes this field would be quite useful to have added to the
source automatically. Even better for me personally would be if you
could generate an md5sum of the distributed file, so I can easily check
whether I made local changes.

Best wishes,
Taco