Am 24.10.2017 um 10:01 schrieb Peter Rolf:
> Am 24.10.2017 um 09:15 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>>> No objections, the 'gts_flag' is also fix for the PDF/X variants.
>>
>> So all variants get GTS_PDFA1 ?
>>

> Yes. My guess (as I have no ISO documention) at that time was, that the
> number should be increased with the versions. I couldn't imagine, why
> the should use a number in that flag (there may be reasons for it, but I
> donno them).
>
> Anyhow, I'll download veraPDF and test all variants with the actual
> beta. I doubt that the results will differ. If I find any other errors
> you can fix them at one go. Will report back (probably after lunch
> break). I hope nobody is in a hurry :D

Tested all PDF/A versions with veraPDF 1.8.4 and ConTeXt 2017.10.24
10:30. No errors reported.

>>> I think I have tested all variants at that time (around Oct 2015) and
>>> 'veraPDF' didn't throw an error. Looks like they have improved their
>>> parser on that part.
>>
>> Well, for me it means that all that validation esp of keys like this are
>> rather useless (creating work) because docs validated in the past and
>> archived now are suddenly no longer valid.

Well, the good news is that the actual problem does not effect any A1
documents. And even with an incomplete (99.9%) validity the documents
stay usable. I'm sure that (alien) historians will love any ConTeXt
created PDF/A document :D

Anyhow, next time I'm in doubt about an entry I will ask the guys from
veraPDF. They have a copy of the ISO docs.

Peter