On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 at 22:21, Sebastian Miele wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 7:45 AM Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> >
> > A few years back we had a long discussion with the
> > consensus that we should have used
> >
> >     if [ $? != 0 ]; then
>
> This seems to have been fixed in the mean time.

Yes, I fixed it after you notified us about the problem (thank you).

> > We kept building the armel binaries on some super strange hardware
> > configuration which Boris provided to us. At some point he was no
> > longer able to provide the hardware, we no longer built the binaries &
> > provided them, and I don't think that anybody complained since.
> >
> > The armhf binaries are built on RPi in Hans' cellar running Raspbian.
>
> As noted in the previous mail I do not really need it in the
> foreseeable future. Apart from that there are additional problems like
> glibc vs. musl libc and maybe different versions of floating point
> units.
>
> If I or someone else really needs it in the future I would rather try
> to adopt what is running on the RPi in Hans' cellar to variable qemu
> guest and/or to variable cross compilation toolchains.

We could run a cross-compiler if needed. There are too many different
platforms to cover them all, but if there is a reasonable demand (note
that we do have a very small number of users for some platforms), we
can try to figure out if we could add it.

Regarding musl: support for musl binaries has only been added
recently. I did not attempt doing the same check on arm for various
reasons, the most important one being that we don't even have the
binaries for it. (I could add a check and prevent the default binaries
to work, but we could not support the platform out of the box anyway
until we add everything that's needed.)

Let me know if you think there is still something we should do now.

Mojca