On 1/26/20 9:23 AM, Sebastian Miele wrote:
> In the past months I worked through The TeXbook and The METAFONTbook.
> About a week ago I started to work through the LuaMetaTeX manual. For
> several reasons I want to learn ConTeXt from bottom to top.
>
> The main page of the ConTeXt Garden says "There is no offical repository
> there the development is going." ("there" in that sentence probably
> should be "where". I seem to not be allowed to edit the garden main
> page.)
>
> The LuaMetaTeX manual contains typos and other issues. In such cases I
> usually checkout the most recent development branch of the official
> repository and create continually rebased commits on top of it, that
> finally find their way into patches send over a mailing list, or pull
> requests on e.g. GitHub. This works really well.
>
> It would be really cool if ConTeXt LMTX had a/the official repository.

There will never be an “official repository” for ConTeXt.  As it stands
ConTeXt also does not accept “Pull Requests”, because it is developed by
PRAGMA ADE for their and only their purposes.  The fact that ConTeXt is
availble open source to the public and that Hans replies to bugs that
don't affect his own work is merely a nice gesture of PRAGMA to the
community.

Cheers, Henri