Does the video loads and play automatically if you visit this page in
your embedded browser?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2008/05/01/pkg.pregnant.woman.dui.baynews9

I believe the Gmail issue is caused by not able to write to your cookie
by the web site (exactly what happened in the CNN video site).

Make sure you compile Gecko with:

ac_add_options --enable-extensions=default,cookie

-Steve