Hey Chris,

On 1 May 2008, at 16:57, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> Glen Gray wrote:
>> So, I'm guessing that somethings going wrong with the javascript/
>> session but I've no idea how to debug that. So some suggestions
>> are  definitely most welcome.
>
> This is a pretty vague bug report and I think that we would need a
> lot more data to be able to help you.  I guess I would start with a
> few questions:

Thanks for the reply. It was a bit vague alright, I'd a meeting to get
to and didn't really finish the email properly.

> 1.  Under the exact same environment does it work fine with an
> official Firefox 2 release?

Yes it works fine under firefox2 in the same environment.

> 2. Can you trim it down to a very small test case that shows the
> problem outside of gmail?

Not as of yet. I've not experienced the problem anywhere else other
than gmail and have had no reports of anything that would tie in from
our customers to indicate it's happening anywhere else. Of course it
doesn't mean it isn't happening. Isolating what's going wrong beyond
"gmail doesn't work" is my current goal.

> 3. Do you have access to a Firefox 3 release and if so does it
> happen there as well?

Yes, I've made and experimental Fedora9 version of our terminal, using
the latest beta5 from the Fedora9 repositories and it exhibits the
same problem. So that definitely points to something that I'm doing
wrong.

I guess another reason the original email was pretty vague is that I'm
at a loss to where it's failing. I'm still trying to get a handle on
what's going on. Given that most of the page loads seem to be driven
via Javascript I'm not seeing very much coming back up the stack via
the callbacks to help pinpoint what's different between a click on the
"Compose Mail" link and reloading the current page.

I'm currently investigating the code for handling the net_state_all
and js_status.
--
Glen Gray
[EMAIL PROTECTED]