It seems that NS_InitXPCOM2(nsnull, nsnull, nsnull); was the problem. Providing the directory of xulrunner, made the code work...

George
Στις 20/10/2011 00:34, ο/η Georgios Petasis έγραψε:
Hi all,

I am trying to revive some old code not written by me, that used XPTI_GetInterfaceInfoManager(), but I haven't succeeded finding an alternative that works:

nsIInterfaceInfoManager *manager = nsnull;
nsIID nsisupports_iid = NS_ISUPPORTS_IID;
nsIInterfaceInfo *nsisupports_info = nsnull;

NS_InitXPCOM2(nsnull, nsnull, nsnull);
res = NS_GetServiceManager(&servmanager);
if (NS_FAILED(res)) {...}
// manager = XPTI_GetInterfaceInfoManager();
res = CallGetService(NS_INTERFACEINFOMANAGER_SERVICE_CONTRACTID, &manager);
if (NS_FAILED(res)) {...} // This seems to work.
res = manager->GetInfoForIID(&nsisupports_iid, &nsisupports_info); // this fails.

Any idea why?

George