Benjamin Smedberg wrote:

> On 11/3/2011 1:55 AM, Sunil Kumar wrote:
>> I am trying to build JavaXPCOM from XULRunner7.0.1-source.
> JavaXPCOM has been removed from the main Mozilla tree because nobody was
> maintaining the code. If somebody would like to take the code and make
> it a standalone project, that is possible and I'd be happy to help you
> get started.

I would like to do this. We've been using swt-composer
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/swt-composer/) for a while, which is using
the rather low-level XPCOM java integration. swt-composer is based on a
rather old version of Mozilla. We would like to update to a newer version
and use JavaXPCOM instead.

So far we didn't need to build xulrunner ourselves or even JavaXPCOM, so
we'd need a little hand-holding to get the ball rolling. I.e. how do we get
the Java-stuff integrated into xpidl. Should it load the java-"plugin"
dynamically or would we just copy the whole xpidl stuff?

Also, would it be possible to use the Mozilla infrastructure for building?

Thanks,
Carsten