Hi all,

This is my first post so beware, I'm unaware if this question is in
the correct forum. At the moment I have created my own animation
engine which refreshes an html5 canvas while using the 2D context. The
performance is amazing when doing basic transformations and
animations. However when I download a video in some Video Tag by
calling .load() the performance depletes (or so often every few CPU
cycles) until the completion of video source transfer. Is there a way
of determining this bottleneck? If someone was downloading say a 200mb
file should the user wait until the end of that transfer to perform
simple animations on his/her end? Any thoughts?

Mitchell Romanuik.