Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem with "<input> type=file" nodes, i.e.
nsIDOMHTMLInputElement. In our application, which is an eye-tracker controlled
browser using an embedded Gecko7, when an user selects one of those nodes a
custom "file choose dialog" appears. I let the user interact and choose a file
with a valid pathname, and then I set the pathname on the selected
nsIDOMHTMLInputElement via SetValue() in order to show it in the browser
window. It works, but after a few event loops, Gecko resets the vaue to a null
string. I mean, I can see the selected pathname for a frame or two in the
editbox, and then it disappears.

I noticed that nsIDOMHTMLInputElement does some validation to the string you
pass to his SetValue() method, i.e. it checks for a valid pathname ("pippo"
will not work, while "/pippo" does) and I am wondering if I am hitting some
security issue here. Should I tell Gecko in some way where and how to find
"valid" pathnames, which can be accepted by nsIDOMHTMLInputElement::SetValue()?
Do I have to call some other "path validation" method beforehand?

Please note that this stuff is working OK with Gecko7 embedding under Windows,
but is broken with Gecko7 embedding in our Linux port, so I am quite positive
about something security-related in Linux (which I admittedly do not know so
much) and/or Gecko Linux/GTK version.

here is a link to a small test page I did to check this stuff:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/692299/UploadTest.htm

Any Hints Welcome,
Thanks, Aaron