Hi all,

The SWT Browser's embedding of XULRunner uses JS_EvaluateUCScriptForPrincipals() to evaluate arbitrary JS code in the context of a loaded page. This invocation is preceded by a nsIJSContextStack.Push() call to push the JSContext.

As of XULRunner 23 the nsIJSContextStack interface is gone, so I tried to just remove our Push() invocation (testing against XULRunner 24b2), and the JS_EvaluateUCScriptForPrincipals() call now crashes in ScriptSourceObject::create()'s invocation of cx->global(), because the JSContext's compartment() resolves to 0.

My question is, does the JSContext's compartment() == 0 indicate that not pushing the JSContext is likely the underlying problem? And if so, what is the new way of doing this? I notice within mozilla code the use of AutoPushJSContext, but this is not exported for use by embedders.

Or, if compartment() == 0 does not necessarily point at the JSContext not being pushed, does anything in the following sequence seem particularly wrong?

securityManager = serviceManager.getByContractID(ScriptSecurityManager)
principal = securityManager.getSystemPrincipal()
sgo = webBrowser.QI(nsIInterfaceRequestor).getInterface(nsIScriptGlobalObject)
sgo.EnsureScriptEnvironment()
scriptContext = sgo.getScriptContext()
jsContext = scriptContext.GetNativeContext()
jsPrincipals = principal.getJSPrincipals()
globalJSObject = sgo.GetGlobalJSObject()
JS_EvaluateUCScriptForPrincipals(jsContext, globalJSObject, jsPrincipals, ...)

Thank-you in advance,
Grant