On 8/14/2014 9:08 AM, bhargava.animes...@gmail.com wrote:
In our code , we are having following snippet :

rv = NS_NewNativeLocalFile(nsEmbedCString((char *)filepath), PR_FALSE,
getter_AddRefs(libxul));
        if (NS_FAILED(rv))
        {
                throw BALBrowserException();
        }

        rv = NS_NewNativeLocalFile( nsEmbedCString((char *)filepath), PR_FALSE,
getter_AddRefs(appDir));
        if(NS_FAILED(rv))
        {
                throw BALBrowserException();
        }
        rv = XRE_InitEmbedding(libxul, appDir, 0);

rv in each case is NS_OK . After execution of 'XRE_InitEmbedding(libxul,
appDir, 0); '  we are getting the chrome.manifest error. I have checked
filepath ( containing japanese characters) , it is correct.

What character set is filepath, and what charset is the native filesystem? Note that using narrow char* to store these is inherently lossy, and you should probably be using char16_t*/WCHAR* for these so that you don't run into issues with unicode repertoire: then you'd be using NS_NewLocalFile not NS_NewNativeLocalFile.

--BDS