Earlier today we had our weekly Show & Tell & Share for Firefox
Accounts. This week's session was so jam-packed with demos that we
sadly had to defer some to next week! Here's the video for those who
And my summary of the highlights:
* Ryan Feeley is exploring the "dialog" we want to have when onboarding
a new user to Firefox Accounts and Sync, and he's doing so via the
intriguing device of an actual dialog. You can view it at  or,
if you've got some popcorn handy, you sit back and enjoy a live
performance of it in the recording.
* Vlad demonstrated the new Sentry dashboard at , where we can get
reports of security problems in our dependencies, without have them
show up in public bugs in github.
* Vlad also demonstrated some new client-side flow events, which will
help us better understand the early stages of our user sign-in funnel.
* Vlad also also demonstrated the first phase of the "device view",
including the new modal dialog to confirm when you're disconnecting
a device. Looking forward to seeing that in production soon!
* Shane demonstrated the work so far on the "sign-in unblock" feature,
which will let users who trigger our rate-limiting logic do an email
confirmation loop to unblock themselves.
* Shane also demonstrated how we've saved an entire request on page load
by embedding some config options directly into the HTML, rather than
fetching them as a separate JSON file.
* Phil and Vijay both had things they wanted to show, but unfortunately
we ran out of time. They're promised the opening slots in next week's
Thanks as always to the folks who prepared some demos, I always find
them very interesting and valuable.
Dev-fxacct mailing list