Earlier today we had our weekly Backend Catchup meeting, our chance to
chat about all things operational. No vidyo recording, but here are the
* We're cutting train-70 this week, and it's got two database migrations
for the auth-server. They should both be fairly painless though.
* We're slowly working through our backlog of expired oauth tokens and
pruning them from the database. The db write load is increasing as
more and more clients are forced to refresh their tokens, and we need
to keep an eye on the new steady-state write load once that's done.
* There is a single profile-server webhead running node4 in production;
assuming it stays healthy, we'll promote all of them to node4 and move
on to the oauth-server.
* Vlad and Vijay have found a way to emit better metrics when handling
email bounces, by configuring SES to include all the email headers in
the bounce message. This will let us break down the bounces by email
* :jbuck recently got Fathom (a context-graph project) running under the
new Cloud Services Deployment Pipeline, and it was really nice to spin
up a dev environment for it using the same config as production. We
hope to get FxA to that point someday, but we have to dockerize a lot
of things before that will be possible.
* There's a new Kibana dashboard where you can view stats on what emails
we're sending. So far it's a pretty even split between login-related
and signup-related emails:
Dev-fxacct mailing list