Yeah, it's possible to run w/o downloading, but you do have to have
`experiments` already downloaded in your `fxa-content-server` root
directory.

You can do so by going to the fxa-content-server root directory and typing:

```bash
git clone https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-content-experiments.git experiments
```

In your server/config/local.json, add the following snippet:

```json
  "experiments": {
    "watch": false
  },