Hi JR, Ben, Ryan, Alex, and Julie,

Pardon my lack of contribution to Pairsona, I am still trying to get Q2
work wrapped up. I see a lot of work being done to establish communication
links between two devices, thank you all, when I was exploring a couple of
quarters ago that is the portion I felt least confident about.

Now that the comm link is coming together, I feel like I am a blocker to
making user-facing progress. That lack of progress on my part, and not
knowing what actually needs to be done, leaves me feeling a bit anxious.

Most of that anxiety comes from not yet having a clear understanding of the
"product" we want to deliver by the end of the quarter, and the technical
components needed to make that product a reality.

For me it'd be useful if we identified exactly one use case to start with,
think about how we want the UI to look, and determine how that UI maps onto
browser, fxa, and server components.

In San Francisco, we talked about two use cases:

1. Pair Fenix on a phone to desktop
2. Pair a WebVR headset to a phone or desktop

Since the first is apparently a blocker to Fenix being released (TBH I
think we should have pushed back on that claim, forcing another team's hand
by claiming "blocker" is a heavy handed tactic), that seems like the
logical place to start. It seems prudent to keep in mind other use cases
and how we can extend our arcitecture to support them, but targeting
exactly one use case to begin will help keep at least me focused. What do
others think? Fenix<->desktop?

For Fenix<->desktop pairing, my understanding is we'll need:

1. A desktop component to get keys out of the browser, possibly some UI
2. An FxA UI component to pair devices
3. A communication link between the desktop device and 2nd device
4. An Android component to accept keys & sessionToken, possibly some UI

For UI/UX, I don't think much of what I prototyped in Q4 of 2017 will be
usable in a production system, but it's a place to start. Do we have UX
support or are we going to do some Engineer Lead Design?

For the communication link, have any of the explorations lead to any ideas
of what that protocol should look like once the link is established?

Now that I'm reading TL;DR requiring lengths, I should close this out. I
personally would like to see us choose one use case, break the work into
more concrete components, take ownership of those components, and progress.

I reckon this week is still going to be taken up with Q2 work, next week I
can hopefully dig out my old code.

Thanks,
Shane