Hi Jim,
note that by default, the password is not enough. A malicious person would
also need access to your email (although this might be the case depending
on the extent of your password theft).

The two-factor authentication described by Shane that you can add to
increase security can be enabled by following these steps:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/secure-firefox-account-two-step-authentication

I hope that's helpful. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you
have any further questions.

--
Alex Davis // Vancouver
Product Manager // Application Services