Hi all,

Topics discussed in today's meeting:
- integration tests across native library boundaries
- consumer implications of appservices moving to NSS for crypto
- testing facilities (record/replay) for networked fenix/a-c components

Detailed notes are below, and in the meeting doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13A6BEQa06mtJsqExuxSrfblwM3OS5QEdZJ8K4_x7wUE/edit#>
.

   -

   [grisha] Taking over testing across A-S/A-C boundaries against native
   artifacts from nalexander (no updates yet though)
   -

      Exercise tech stack end-to-end
      -

      [mcomella] similar comment about early a-c. What should be tested? Do
      we have a plan to write these in a robust, structured way? Prior art for
      coming up with a good integration test suite.
      -

         Someone on the internet must have solved this problem before: we
         should look for this information
         -

      Wrote mission critical ui tests in the product (smoke tests?),
      exercising main portions of the app.
      -

      Someone with QA background would be good to have chime in on this.
      -

   [sasha] decoupling NSS + geckoview? -- question arising from app-services
   crypto components doc

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MbjDtG-N0xw9U6zEsh_RHaOmeHlOnYsbx7lh2Jc5ts4/edit#heading=h.irmlxv27odbj>
   -

      (appservices) moving to use crypto from NSS, which currently depends
      on GV
      -

      Seems that GV is a heavy dependency for Lockbox, can we work around
      that?
      -

      Other appservices consumers will be affected by appservices changing
      the networking stack
      -

      Long term vision for appservices is to rely on networking stack from
      GV
      -

   [colin] Since we’re talking GV network stack, can we intercept in
   integration tests for replay testing?
   -

      [snorp] unlikely we’ll ever add it; trying remove the interception
      stuff
      -

      [colin] curious about intercepting anything that goes through GV
      -

      A-c already abstracts client away, and could inject an interceptor
      for testing purposes. Could offer record/replay if needed, entirely
      separate from GV/underlying networking stack.

cheers,
grisha.