Von: dev-general-boun...@lists.oxidforge.org
[mailto:dev-general-boun...@lists.oxidforge.org] Im Auftrag von Marco
Steinhaeuser
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. November 2012 12:09
An: dev-general@lists.oxidforge.org
Betreff: Re: [oxid-dev-general] OXID Deployment System + The Community

Hi guys,

@Dave: thanks for your thoughts. This is close to the way we are thinking
presently. But: no decisions made yet nor any time frame!

Actually, the development and CI structures have been build up before we
went open source. In this time nobody expected any contributions :-)

The re-structure is just a technical issue as well as a question of time and
resources: the code base has to be split, the CI process ("grown
historically") has to be re-factored etc...

@Alex:
> this will never ever happen
Never say "never".

> but to me this looks like a prevention mechanism so nobody can recreate
enterprise features
Wrong.

> Oxid will end up like osCommerce did.
You could have found a better example ;)

@Marc: You're wrong.

Regards and have a nice weekend
Marco

  _____

From:  <mailto:dev-general-boun...@lists.oxidforge.org>
dev-general-boun...@lists.oxidforge.org
[dev-general-boun...@lists.oxidforge.org] on behalf of Development @ ORCA
Services AG [developm...@orca.ch]
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:24 PM
To:  <mailto:dev-general@lists.oxidforge.org>
dev-general@lists.oxidforge.org
Cc: Dino Fellmann - ORCA Services AG

Hi Dave

Thanks for your thoughts.

To put it simple:

In my opinion OXID eSales, or better said the management of them, never
really understood the concept of a real community driven/developed, open
source software.

What they see is a product to market, a property to protect, just like a
usual piece of proprietary software.

They talk about the OXID eco system, not the community, there we have it.

And thus we will never ever see something just remotely resembling to what
you described if not something in management’s head changes…

It’s kind of depressing but that’s the way I, and probably not just me, see
it.

Greetings from Switzerland

Marc Würth

ORCA Services AG
Bahnhofstrasse 11
CH-4133 Pratteln
Office Basel: Aeschengraben 10, CH-4051 Basel

 <mailto:marc.wue...@orca.ch> marc.wue...@orca.ch
T. +41 61 205 80 80

T. +41 61 205 80 73 (direkt)

F. +41 61 205 80 81

 <http://www.orca.ch> www.orca.ch,  <http://www.orca-services.ch>
www.orca-services.ch

"We convert your visitors into customers."

  _____