Hi everybody,

our 'order' and 'orderarticles' tables have grown quite big, which dramatically
slows down database interactions with these tables. For example, it takes
several minutes adding a new field to those tables when installing a module.

So my question is: Is it best practise to delete old orders from oxid db? As
far as I can see, the only reason to keep them is because we want to show the
order history to the customer on his "account" page -- but we could instead
pull them directly from the ERP (Pixi) when a customer tries to access them.

So does anybody of you delete old orders in oxid? Are there any pitfalls when
doing so?

Reagards
Dirk

design3000 Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 14
64711 Erbach

Tel: +49 (0) 60 62 - 809 80 80
Fax: +49 (0) 60 62 - 918 72 18

Geschäftsführer: Frank Levita, Felix Vay
Amtsgericht Darmstadt // HRB: 71307 // Ust-IdNr.: DE201696664

http://www.design3000.de/ (www.design3000.de) // http://www.koziol-shop.de/
(www.koziol-shop.de) // http://www.reisenthel.design-3000.de/
(www.reisenthel.design-3000.de)
http://www.adhoc-designshop.de/ (www.adhoc-designshop.de) //