I have already integrated UnWired Labs as a fallback provider successfully,
albeit in a very hacky way.

I modified fallback.py to detect when the api_key.fallback_name == 'unwired',
then build the JSON manually to send to UnWired Labs. It works at the moment,
but making the changes you suggested would be much better.

Due to the nature of my work, I can't spend too much time improving our
company's instance, but I'd be happy to spend some of my time working on the
UnWired Labs colander schema for the Ichnaea codebase. May take a while due to
my inexperience with colander, but I'll do my best.

Kind regards,
Ben