Hi,

I've been given an existing project to add some new features to but I'm stuck
getting the existing project to run smoothly to begin with and I was hoping
someone has seen this issue before and can give me some pointers...

After troubleshooting I narrowed the cause of the issues down to the use of
template prototypes that, for some reason, don't work but instead I get an
exception when loading any page using these templates:

[code]RenderException: No template script defined for the template definition
info.magnolia.rendering.engine.RenderException: No template script defined for
the template definition
        at
info.magnolia.rendering.renderer.AbstractRenderer.render(AbstractRenderer.java:148)
        etc
        etc
        [/code]

When checking the JCR all pages have their renderType set to 'site' and they
have no templateScript set.
I then checked for the prototype node in the JCR as per the user guide
(https://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/display/DOCS/Template+prototype) and
found it here:

[code]/modules/custom-templating-module/config/<project
name>/templates/prototype
[/code]

This has one templateScript parameter which is set to
/custom-templating-module/templates/pages/main.ftl (and for the rest it's got
definitions for the different areas)

I checked all paths and this template does exist and looks ok to me.

Eventually, as a test, I ended up changing the category page template and set
it's renderType to freemarker with templateScript to the same main.ftl file and
that works fine up to the first @cms.area include as that too fails, but at
least i know rendering via freemarker alone does work.

Does anybody have any ideas why the site module wouldn't work or how to
troubleshoot this further?

Thanks!
Arjen

Magnolia Community 5.4.5
(dependencies include magnolia-site and magnolia-site-app)
JRE 1.7
Tomcat 7

--
Context is everything: