On 2014-04-19, at 00:38, Jamie McDonnell <jamie.mcdonn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> what is the suggested approach for this scenario when a user alt-tabs away
> from the browser, or it looses focus while a gUM request is in progress?

You can show an indicator in content that you are awaiting user input [1].  How
is that not sufficient?

Note that even if we were to provide an event in this scenario, we could not
provide the application with any way to retrigger the door hanger for the
aforementioned reasons.  So I’m not sure that there is anything actionable from
the application perspective.

—Martin

[1] I note that you could place this indicator in the area that the door hanger
occludes if you only want it visible to users who had it lose focus.  Though I
note that requires UA detection, which is definitely undesirable.