Sad news everyone.  Since Tuesday night I have been trying to fix the
repository using almost anything that came to my mind, from trying to
recreate the missing commits manually one by one to updating hg and hg-git,
trying to reconvert only parts of the IonMonkey merge to narrow down the
problem, and eliminating all of the possible factors that could have an
impact on this conversion process, and all of my attempts have failed.  I
have sort of narrowed down the range of the IonMonkey merge which causes
the problem, but narrowing it down further is a very time consuming process.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time for now to work on this even more,
so you should not expect any more updates to the mozilla-central mirror.  I
may look at this again in the future and try other things that I can think
of (such as trying to narrow down the failure range even further, or
resorting to drastic measures such as redoing parts of the initial
conversion process from scratch), but I don't know when I will have enough
time to look at this again.  If you're someone who knows things about git,
mercurial or hg-git and wants to lend a hand, I can provide you with more
information on how to reproduce the problem, and what I've tried and where
to go from here.

In the mean time, if you've been using this mirror and want to continue
using git, you may give this mirror a try:
https://github.com/mozilla/releases-mozilla-central.  There are a few
downsides of doing so which you should be aware of:

* This repo is created by RelEng by a direct conversion of the mercurial
repository to git, which means that there is no CVS history for you to use.
* This repo does not have an inbound branch like my mirror did, so if you
want a commit which is on mozilla-inbound but not on mozilla-central yet, I
guess you should wait until it gets merged to mozilla-central.
* The sha1's in this mirror are obviously different than on mine, which
means that you should not just git pull it, and you need to rebase all of
your local branches on top of it after you add the new remote.  jlebar
posted a detailed set of instructions on how to do this on dev-b2g
yesterday, so please take a look at his post if you need instructions on
how to do this.

I'll update you guys in case someone steps up to help and we make any
progress on this.

Cheers,
--
Ehsan