On 2012-10-02 6:00 PM, Karl Tomlinson wrote:
Ben Hearsum writes:

On 09/29/12 12:58 AM, Kannan Vijayan wrote:
1. A patch that is expected to succeed, but you want to run it through
try to verify.

For "optimistic" pushes, we expect that the patch goes from green =>
green.  For "pessimistic" pushes we expect a listing of all oranges that
arise from that push.

I believe that these patches are exactly what inbound was designed for.

Bear in mind that as well as the temporary cost of backout in
inbound, there is also the close-to-eternal cost on archaeology
when trying to wade through annotations of several versions for
several similar landings.

inbound landings should be more certain than "optimistic".

In an ideal world, yes. Note that we are currently under extremely high load, which makes us consider trade-offs.

Cheers,
Ehsan