On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Justin Lebar <justin.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By "turning off Linux PGO testing", you really mean "stop making and
> distributing Linux PGO builds," right?
>
> The main reason I'd want Linux PGO is for mobile.  On desktop Linux,
> most users (I expect) don't run our builds, so it's not a big deal if
> they're some percent slower.  (Unless distros commonly do PGO builds
> of Firefox?)  But we're not doing mobile Linux PGO builds (that I know
> of), and I don't expect success with desktop PGO is much related to
> success with mobile PGO.

Only inasmuch as the compiler and build machinery continues to work,
but it uses most of the same code as the Windows PGO builds, save the
compiler/linker flags, and those aren't terribly complicated and I
don't expect them to break if we turn the builds off.

I don't really have an opinion about this otherwise, I agree that most
Linux users aren't using our builds anyway.

-Ted