Right, exactly. I am arguing that testing PGO, which is a buggy optimization
pass, incurs too much developer cost to justify a "5-20%" talos improvement on
select benchmarks. On Linux, which is a very small percentage of our market
share, and where distributions make their own builds anyway.

Whether we'd tell distributions that PGO was unsupported: it actually seems
difficult to say that it *is* supported, even now. PGO bugs will likely be
highly dependent on the environment and compiler version, which are won't be
exactly the same anywhere as they are on Windows.

-David