On 10/30/12 14:20, Kartikaya Gupta wrote:
On 12-10-30 16:31 , Dave Townsend wrote:
In case people missed this part specifically, I just want to point out
that the change in bug 798491 are targeted for FF18 (Aurora). See
comment 75 for philikon's early risk evaluation. From our read of the
bug, although this represents major code change, we do not expect
major desktop/Android regressions, especially with a day or two of
bake time on m-c to start.

-Alex

This plan really worries me. I agree that it is unlikely we'll see
desktop/android regressions. I'm more worried that we'll just break the
platform b2g runs on in subtle ways that we might not notice before
shipping. It's pretty concerning to have a fundamental change to how
components and modules are loaded on a new platform where to my
knowledge we don't yet have good automated testing (please please
someone prove me wrong on this).

Would it help if we turned this on for Android in nightly builds? That
would increase the chance of catching subtle breakages by increasing
user testing coverage of (some of) the code.

My understanding is that this would break add-ons that include their own modules and components.