On 12/27/12 1:54 PM, Neil wrote:
More importantly it suggests 311 for the similar "instanceof
Components.interfaces.nsIDOMHTMLAnchorElement" (or equivalent) often
used in components and modules of course.

Yeah.  We'd obviously need to do something about that...

Presumably there's no easy way to avoid the "el instanceof
el.ownerDocument.defaultView.HTMLAnchorElement" from a component?

Since a component has no HTMLAnchorElement hanging off the global, yeah...

Presumably this involves completely removing all XPIDL DOM interfaces
from HTML nodes, thus saving one vtable entry per node?

There are cases in which we can remove nsIDOM* stuff without removing nsIDOMNode/Element/HTMLElement. Which is good, because removing those is a long-term project.

-Boris