On 01/13/2013 07:20 PM, Neil wrote:
Neil wrote:

nsIDownloadManagerUI has had an aUsePrivateUI parameter added to its
show() method. However, it gets passed in an id, which makes no sense
in per-window private browsing i.e. if aUsePrivateUI is set then you
can't actually find out which download has just started.

I also see that nsIDownloadManager has had an addPrivacyAwareListener
method added however it is unclear whether this listener gets notified
for new downloads or not.

Ah, I think I may have found that onDownloadStateChange gets called
while the download is still in the QUEUED state. (Seems a waste to have
to add a whole listener just for this one notification though.)

Nothing should have changed in this respect. The difference between addListener and addPrivacyAwareListener is that the listener added by the second one will receive notifications for all downloads, whether public or private. addListener is deprecated, and its listeners only receive notifications for public ones.

cheers,
Josh