I'm sorry that I have to be the bearer of bad news about our trees, but we have finally started to hit the linker maximum memory size when linking libxul as part of our Windows PGO builds, and as a result, mozilla-central and inbound are CLOSED for now.

I propose the following:

1. mozilla-central/inbound will remain closed to all check-ins except the ones that do not add any code which gets linked into libxul on Windows. 2. We need to start moving code out of libxul again. I have filed bug 827985 to move webrtc/trunk out of libxul, and we need a patch for that *ASAP*. If you have ideas on other code which can be moved out of libxul, please share them. We need ideas and patches immediately as this blocks all development on mozilla-central. 3. We fix bug 827985 and any other bugs that will hopefully get proposed in this thread, and measure the difference in PGO builds, and hopefully get things to a point where we can reopen the tree temporarily.

Once we do the above, we can start having a conversation about what we can do about this in the longer run. I'd appreciate if we keep this thread focused on the immediate problem, and not on the larger problem of what we can to in order to mitigate this in the long run.

Cheers,
Ehsan