Hi everyone,

I have started an effort to gather some information on what options we have with regard to using PGO on Windows in the longer term, in the hopes that we won't be surprised by PGO build bustages any more. I have filed bug 833881 to track this effort, and have filed various blocking bugs for different ideas that I had. If you have ideas which are not covered by the bugs on file, please do let me know.

This effort is extremely important since our past experience has shown that this problem comes up from time to time and surprises us each time, and we only have a short time until this bites us again. I'd definitely appreciate the help of everyone involved in this. My current goal is to have something to report back in the Engineering call on Jan 29. I'll share more updates here when I have them.

Thanks!

Ehsan