On 1/31/2013 9:41 AM, ISHIKAWA, Chiaki wrote:
Sorry, it may not have been ldap code (my memory is now hazy).

But please take a look at this code. I am using comm-central code
for development/debugging TB.

https://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mozilla/security/nss/lib/base/hash.c#53

This is NSS code, which is a separate codebase included in mozilla-central and updated periodically.

Judging from the context, this is someone using the low 32 bits as a hash key; since it's a hashtable, I'm going to assume that it's expected to have some amount of collisions, so the conversion of a possibly-64-bit pointer to a 32-bit value is "safe" here.