On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM, L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:
> W3C is proposing a revised charter for the Web Performance Working
> Group.  For more details, see:
> http://www.w3.org/2013/01/webperf.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2013Mar/0000.html
>
> Mozilla has the opportunity to send comments or objections through
> Thursday, April 11.  Please reply to this thread if you think there's
> something we should say.

Some of this stuff seems really obscure. E.g. setImmediate is
basically an alias for setTimeout except it's less well defined, even
while having a whole document for it... Not really sure there's
anything meaningful we can say about that though, other than "don't do
it".

I guess the other comment I have is that a lot of this seems to be
bolting stuff on rather than addressing the relevant concerns at the
core. E.g. "Resource Priorities" has been discussed in other contexts
and it had been decided to postpone it for now. Is it now going in via
some other group unless we pay attention? Performance is after all a
relevant concern just like accessibility, security, etc. is. I suppose
it makes sense to have a group ensure performance is addressed, but
bolting on special-purpose performance features seems like the wrong
strategy.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/