On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 3:40 AM, Ms2ger <ms2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/17/2013 07:15 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>
>> I have a request ... can we require lists in moz.build files to be in
>> alphabetical order, and actually enforce with some build-system check? I'm
>> always annoyed by Makefiles where lists are sometimes unordered and it's
>> hard to find items and know where to add items.
>>

> Fully agree, with the exception that I'm not sure this is a safe
> transformation for *DIRS.

Good point. That's fine though, we can just not care about that.

Likewise we can not care about conditional blocks. I would simply say that
if we have a literal array being appended to one of a known set of
order-independent variables (including EXPORTS, CPPSRCS, etc), its elements
should be in sorted order.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq