On 4/26/2013 11:43 AM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
Have you explored using IndexedDB?

Not seriously. The "this is an experimental technology" warning on MDN
is off-putting.

The largest audience for MDN is web developers, so we put that warning on anything that's not ready for widespread use on the public web, including most things that are prefixed in current browsers.

Here are some other things with the same "experimental technology" warning on their MDN pages:

* JavaScript "for...of" loops
* CSS transform, transition, animation
* WebSocket
* Set, Map, WeakMap

Obviously we have no qualms against using these ourselves. When an experimental technology is one that *we* are promoting as part of the development platform *we* are building, then of course we should using it in our own code. In fact we should be early adopters, because if there are issues that prevent us from using our own APIs, then they will often affect other developers on our platform, so we need to know about those and fix them.