Ryan VanderMeulen wrote:

My proposal:
-Create an inbound2 branch identically configured to mozilla-inbound.
-Under normal circumstances (i.e. m-i open), inbound2 will be CLOSED.
-In the event of a long tree closure, the last green changeset from m-i will be merged to inbound2 and inbound2 will be opened for checkins. ---It will be a judgment call for sheriffs as to how long of a closure will suffice for opening inbound2. -When the bustage on m-i is resolved and it is again passing tests, inbound2 will be closed again. -When all pending jobs on inbound2 are completed, it will be merged to m-i.

Why do we need a separate repo? Can we not simply close the broken head and start again at the last green changeset?

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.