On 5/24/13 10:50 AM, Justin Lebar wrote:
Consider for example how much better harthur's fileit and dashboard
tools [1] [2] are than bugzilla's built-in equivalents.

> [2] http://harthur.github.io/bugzilla-todos/

So I actually tried using the dashboard you link to for the last week.

It's actually worse at least for my use case than what I do in bugzilla right now (which is just a saved search for review/feedback requests on me), because:

1) It does not show feedback requests. This may explain why some people are routinely ignoring them....

2)  It's a lot slower to load than a saved search.

3) If left open (see #2) it does a bunch of JS off timeouts, causing noticeable jank in my browser.

All of which is to say that use cases apparently differ, since I assume for you the bugzilla-todos dashboard is in fact a lot better.

Of course I would love something that did what this dashboard does in terms of showing bugs to check in and whatnot without the drawbacks. ;)

We shouldn't conflate owning the PR data with integrating the PR tool
into bugzilla.

I think that depends on what "integrating" means.

Ideally, we should have something that makes it easy, starting from a line of code to track back why that line of code is the way it is. In a perfect world that would mean correct blame, with the changeset linking to the discussion about the patch, reviews, design documents if they exist, etc, etc. We're not going to get there, if nothing else because a lot of that seems to be in email/irc/hallways, but the closer we can get the better.

-Boris