On 6/19/2013 3:20 PM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
On 2013-06-19 12:56 PM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
On 6/18/13 9:05 PM, Anthony Jones wrote:
On 19/06/13 16:02, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
I believe that in Webkit you're not supposed to call "new" directly.
Instead you call a static "create" method that returns the equivalent of
already_AddRefed.

Do they have a lint checker we can use for that?

Last I checked they had a Clang plugin that emitted warnings/errors on
certain coding convention violations.

As of bugs 767563 and 851753, we have the same. Although, the builder is
hidden and the functionality in the plugin is minimal. It would be rad
if we could change both of those.

Bug 880434 is tracking enabling those builds by default. Note that for now the only thing that our plugin checks in MOZ_STACK_CLASS, but more analyses are very welcome, I promise fast reviews if people write them!

You've forgotten MOZ_MUST_OVERRIDE! And MOZ_NONHEAP_CLASS! :-) I've got code that adds checking for static initializers, but that's proving to be much, much harder to do than I first anticipated.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer