On 7/11/13 11:37 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
While I think your observations are useful, I think (hope!) you are a
massive outlier

Somewhat. My list was based on not only what makes my reviews slow but what I've heard people mention as making reviews slow.

I do agree we shouldn't design a policy based on my review queue.  ;)

I would be totally OK with a policy that explicitly applies to everyone
except you. Or, we could parameterize it with a dynamic list of exceptions
who are known to be overloaded with reviews.

So the thing is, I'm not _always_ overloaded with reviews. I generally keep on top of them unless I take time off or several large patches end up in my review queue at once.

And I think that applies to most people who are trying to do their reviews... The problem is that right now there is no way to mark yourself as "temporarily less responsive on reviews than normal", whether it's because you're on vacation or because you have a 500KB patch to review that will take all week. And then reviews pile on.

-Boris