Hi,

I'm looking for a review of some rather hacky tool I just created to see if the fonts on b2g actually support a particular language.

https://github.com/Pike/font-tool

Basic outline of what the tool does:

Parses langGroups.properties to see which locale has which group, with default to x-unicode.

Preprocesses all.js with -DANDROID -DMOZ_WIDGET_GONK, and parses
pref("font.name....")

Uses fc-scan to find all the fonts in moztt and platform/frameworks/base, pick those with style Regular.

Uses fc-validate to figure out if those fonts actually support the given locale.

Example, Bulgarian seems to be missing 60 glyphs for monospace:

python buildfonts.py /src/central/mozilla-central/ bg
monospace
moztt/SourceCodePro-1.017/SourceCodePro-Regular.ttf:0 Missing 60 glyph(s) to satisfy the coverage for bg language
sans-serif
base/data/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf:0 Satisfy the coverage for bg language
serif
moztt/CharisSILCompact-4.114/CharisSILCompact-R.ttf:0 Satisfy the coverage for bg language

Couter example seems to be Chinese, the unagi shows something, while my tool reports 13k missing glyphs for zh-TW.

All of this has been mostly trial and error and stabbing in the dark, it'd be great if I could get some feedback and comments.

Axel