On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 2:13 AM, Jeff Muizelaar <jmuizel...@mozilla.com>wrote:

> On 2013-08-12, at 11:05 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>
> > Tell me what you think.
> > https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Roc/VsyncProposal
>
> A couple things that are not clear to me from this proposal:
>  - when the vsync event is sent?

Depends on the platform. I believe on Windows we can call DwmFlush on a
helper thread and fire it when that returns.

 - how does it deal with a blocking swapbuffers()?

Blocking swapbuffers isn't really compatible with having multiple windows
on one compositor thread. If we want to move each window compositor to its
own thread and keep blocking on swapbuffers, then we'll have to revise this
proposal. Do we need to do that?

>  - what happens in the case where we can't quite paint at vsync?

requestAnimationFrame frequency drops to half the vsync rate.

I'll add a note about how to fix that if we want to.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*