On 9/6/13 04:25, Henri Sivonen wrote:
We do surface such UI for https deployment errors
inspiring academic papers about how bad it is  that users are exposed
to such UI.

Sure. It's a much trickier problem (and, in any case, the UI is necessarily more intrusive than what I'm suggesting). There's no good way to explain the nuanced implications of security decisions in a way that is both accessible to a lay user and concise enough to hold the average user's attention.