On 09.09.2013 03:21, Benoit Jacob wrote:
Again, how many other similar wins are we leaving on the table because
they're only 10s on a clobber build? It's of course hard to know, which is
why I've suggested the (number of useful lines of code) / (total lines of
code included) ratio as a meaningful metric.

But I'm completely OK with focusing on the bigger wins in the short terms
and only reopening this conversation once we'll be done with the big items.

While big wins are nicer than small ones, I don't think the takeaway from this thread should be that small wins generally don't matter, but that they may be too small to justify moving away from standard C++ -- and that won't change with bigger items addressed first.