OK, here is something that I would really like:

http://llvm.org/devmtg/2012-11/Weber_TypeAwareMemoryProfiling.pdf

Basically, this is a language extension that asks the compiler to store
type information for each object in memory, so that one can query at
runtime the type of what's stored at a given address.

That would be useful e.g. for refgraph (
https://github.com/bjacob/mozilla-central/wiki/Refgraph ) and, I suppose,
that also wouldn't hurt to know more about heap-unclassified in
about:memory. Basically, everything would be 'classified' at least by c++
type name. And that would also be a nice tool to have around during long
debugging sessions. So, I would appreciate if you could figure if there is
any intention to add something like this in the standard.

(Thanks to Rafael for bringing this to my attention)

Benoit