On 10/03/2013 02:38 PM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
On 2013-10-03 3:24 PM, Nicolas B. Pierron wrote:
The code base is compiled for multiple platforms.  Currently I cannot
find the functions which are defined on ARM unless we use a search as we
used to do on MXR.

This is a fundamental problem with DXR and will be difficult to fix, because
the DXR compiler will only see one configuration of the build, and even if
we compiled the code with multiple configurations, it would be difficult to
merge the results into a meaningful unified database.

The other option, providing one DXR instance per configuration, may help but
then you need to pick which DXR you want to search in, which is not ideal.

That being said, the DXR plaintext search should cover the ARM cases in the
JIT code, right?

Right, but you need to spawn a search in such cases.

DXR gives a nice contextual navigation, but the size of the code base is
overwhelming to have a clear understanding of what is going on.  One of
the thing that I am looking at in general is to understand the
conditionals which are giving a particular result, or the consequences
of a statement. Such overview is hard to get when you have ~30 DXR tabs
opened.  I would love to have a graph overview of these relations, as
well as seeing the conditionals/guards as part of the graph.

Can you please clarify what you mean here?

I mean that if we could keep track of the relation followed while browsing the code such as caller / callee / references, this could help build a nice graph overview of how the code is shaped, and help the navigation and understanding of the code.

--
Nicolas B. Pierron