On 10/17/13 3:41 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:46 AM, Axel Hecht <l...@mozilla.com> wrote:
We have issues with disk space, currently. We're already in the situation
where all our keyboard data doesn't fit on quite a few of the devices out
there.

Where can one read more about this? This ICU data is not *that* huge.
If we can't afford a couple of megabytes now on B2G then it seems like
we're in for severe problems soon. Isn't Gecko alone growing by
megabytes per year?

I wish there were docs and clear cuts. We've been in dire problems already, when our QA smoketest phones wouldn't get updates for days due to system.img being too large. And thus we didn't get QA to run tests.

These are the questions I asked last time, and don't have answers to:

- What exactly are the limiting sizes?
-- image size (per bootloader?)
-- disk partition size
--- at which point in time? user dependent?
--- can we have telemetry for this, if so?

I suspect we're talking about the joint size for gaia and gecko, but I'm not sure that's the case, or at least always the case. I.e., do we get a cookie if we move data from gaia into gecko?

There's probably more that I don't know, just because I don't know much about phones, and the various processes to get software on to them.

Axel