I would include any major rewrites of significant portions of the back end as
well.

Marc S.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence Mandel" <lman...@mozilla.com>
To: "Cameron McCormack" <c...@mcc.id.au>
Cc: "Lukas Blakk" <lsbl...@mozilla.com>, dev-platform@lists.mozilla.org,
"dev-plann...@lists.mozilla.org ()" <dev-plann...@lists.mozilla.org>,
fx-t...@mozilla.com, mobile-...@mozilla.com
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:54:52 AM
Subject: Re: Feature tracking via bug keyword

----- Original Message -----
> Lukas Blakk wrote:
> > This wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Release_Tracking
> > now picks up on the keyword 'feature' in your meta/tracking bugs.
> >
> > Please add this to your feature work to make sure it gets early QA,
> > Stability, PR, User Advocacy, and Release Management awareness in
> > preparation (and in support) of their initial launch.
>
> What counts as a feature?

At this point I would consider any major change to the browser as a 'feature'.
This is definitely a judgement call. As Juan pointed out with QA, I would
consider flagging any work that requires cross team collaboration (QA, releng,
IT, etc.), that makes a significant, user or dev visible change (i.e. changes
to the UI and changes to DOM/JS APIs), or that you think should be relnoted or
announced on the Mozilla blog (alerting comms). I'm sure there are other
suitable criteria and just because one or more of these criteria are met
doesn't mean you necessarily have to flag a bug as a feature.

We should learn as we go. I think over flagging is welcome at this point.

Lawrence