I am trying to create a low-disk condition for testing I/O errors during |make mozmill| test suite run of thunderbird.

I am not sure where the various files are stored during |make mozmill|.
I can think of TMP, TMPDIR, and a few other
settings.
Does anyone have an idea of overview of the file used?
(Like log files for captured during run?)

If I know where the files are stored, I can either create a mini file system and store these in such file systems, OR
I can create a large file with dd if=/dev/zero ...
to use up enough space to cause TB to hit ENOSPC error during execution.

On my own, I found that mozmill seems to use the following directory for a TB profile that is used during the test run, and that is where mail folders are stored, for example.

Quote from |make mozmill| run.
Using profile dir: /REF-OBJ-DIR/objdir-tb3/mozilla/_tests/mozmill/mozmillprofile

/REF-OBJ-DIR/objdir-tb3 is my MOZ_OBJDIR and so I monitored how much storage I should set aside for this directory to start running |make mozmill| and then yet get some I/O errors due to filled-up file system.

To my surprise, the du the-above-directory shows
4-14 MB usage during the |make mozmill| run, but at the end, it jumps up to 30+ MiB and stays at this number after |make mozmill| finished. I was surprised at this number

Here is what I found out about the used space of the mozmillprofile directory after the |make mozmill| test suite finished.

Can anyone shed light on the BIG CACHE file that exist AFTER |make mozmill| finished?

588     ./plugins
16      ./Mail/Local Folders
12      ./Mail/tinderbox
32      ./Mail
4       ./Cache/5
4       ./Cache/F
4       ./Cache/2
4       ./Cache/0
4       ./Cache/8
4       ./Cache/C
4       ./Cache/4
4       ./Cache/1
4       ./Cache/E
4       ./Cache/3
4       ./Cache/7
4       ./Cache/D
4       ./Cache/9
4       ./Cache/B
4       ./Cache/6
4       ./Cache/A
12380   ./Cache <==== THIS seems to the BIG JUMP at the end.
2440    ./startupCache
8       ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/skin
160     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/resource/modules
256     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/resource/stdlib
420     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/resource
8       ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/defaults/preferences
g12     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/defaults
12      ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/locale/en-US
16      ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/locale
76      ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/css/smoothness/images
108     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/css/smoothness
124     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/css
12      ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/img
16 ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/editor/bespin/resources/screen_theme
20      ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/editor/bespin/resources
352     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/editor/bespin
360     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/editor
20      ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/test
308     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content/jquery
928     ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com/content
1412    ./extensions/mozm...@mozilla.com
12      ./extensions/jsbri...@mozilla.com/components
44      ./extensions/jsbri...@mozilla.com/resource/modules
48      ./extensions/jsbri...@mozilla.com/resource
12      ./extensions/jsbri...@mozilla.com/chrome/content
16      ./extensions/jsbri...@mozilla.com/chrome
88      ./extensions/jsbri...@mozilla.com
1504    ./extensions
4       ./minidumps
30180   .

I could probably create 15 MiB file system (using loopback device) and copy the files (except for CACHE) and create a symlink to the new file system and run |make mozmill|, but I wonder that impact of this large CCACHE before |make mozmill| runs and at the end.

TOA