On 25/11/13 11:16, Henri Sivonen wrote:
Now that we have ICU in the tree, do we still need platform-specific
nsICollation implementations? In particular, the Windows and Unix back
ends look legacy enough that it seems that making nsICollation
ICU-backed would be a win.

In particular, this would allow us to ensure consistent behavior across platforms, which I doubt the current implementations can provide. (And it'd be a good opportunity to document more carefully what the flags in nsICollation.idl really mean, or fix them if they're broken... kCollationCaseInsensitiveAscii, I'm looking at you!)